With Notion’s block syncing you can have information in multiple places throughout your workspace and keep it update by making the change only one time. The synced blocks will automatically update as you make the changes to the content. This is a wonderful feature as it can often be difficult to remember to make changes to the content at every location. Besides, who has time to make those changes over and over again, one page at a time.
How to Create Synced Blocks
- Copy some content
- Paste on another page and select Paste & Sync in the dropbox that appears.
- Your content will now sync automatically across your pages.
Creating synced blocks is a breeze and is a time saving feature.
What Can You Do With Synced Blocks?
With Synced Blocks that possibilities are endless. Here are a few ways that you can use them in Notion.
- Paste and sync metrics and KPIs in one place, and all the other Synced Blocks will update automatically
- Place a footer with you contact info and social media profiles on every page of your personal website, blog, or portfolio. If you choose to change the formatting or add more info down the road, Synced Blocks will ensurc that you won’t have to spend hours making the changes across the pages.
- Keep your mission statement, core values, top on your mind by including it at the top of every new project proposal, decision doc, and job posting. If you need to tweak it, you only have to change them once.
Block Syncing Summary
Now, I have to commend Notion for making this change. Block syncing is a must. The only downside now is that you have to establish the sync blocks for the changes to happen automatically. But you only need to complete this task once to save yourself a lot of time updating your content.
Are you interested in more articles written by this author? If so, check out her blog.